Combating diseases by understanding their fundamental mechanisms
- We probe mechanistic questions at the intersection of biochemistry, cell biology, and human disease.
- We use kinetic, structural, and cellular tools to understand how altered enzyme activity impacts human health.
- By understanding the molecular mechanisms of dysfunction of enzyme mutations, we can illuminate structure-function relationships, identify affected pathways, and ultimately develop platforms for targeted therapy.
- Members of the Sohl Lab will gain interdisciplinary expertise in biochemistry, molecular and cell biology, and biophysics, including pre-steady-state kinetics, X-ray crystallography, spectroscopy, recombinant technology, and cellular methods, in a collaborative and fast-paced environment.
- Join us in making a positive impact on human health.