Molecular mechanisms of disease: probing disease from atom to tissue
- We strive to combat disease by asking mechanistic questions at the intersection of biochemistry, molecular biophysics, and cell biology.
- Using kinetic, structural, cellular, and metabolomics technologies, we explore how altered enzyme activity impacts human health.
- By understanding the molecular mechanisms of dysfunction of enzyme mutations, we can illuminate structure-function relationships, identify affected pathways, and ultimately develop platforms for targeted therapy.
- Members of the Sohl Lab will gain interdisciplinary expertise in biochemistry, molecular and cell biology, and biophysics, including pre-steady-state kinetics, X-ray crystallography, spectroscopy, recombinant technology, and cellular methods, in a collaborative and fast-paced environment.
- We are always seeking inquisitive, enthusiastic, and hard-working #SohlMates to join our team!